You probably saw it going around Facebook near Thanksgiving time…. but TheBrookeBook is bringing it to you after Thanksgiving, all at once, and on my blog. I was tagged by the wonderful Emma Elise to do this challenge and so that is what I am here to do ladies and gents.
How it works on Facebook: For 21 days you post something you are grateful for and tag a friend to do the same.
How we changed it for blogs: You just make one list of 21 things you are grateful for and tag 21 people.
How I am doing it: Making a list of 21 things I am grateful for and not tagging a single person.
(in no particular order)
- My Education: Yesterday, I had to pleasure to be a Student Ambassador for my business school and it really made me realize how lucky I am. So many people are not given the opportunity for higher education and I cannot put into words how lucky I feel that I get to study as UMass Amherst.
- My Family: This one is kind of a given but I have the most amazing support system a girl could as for. My family is one of a kind and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
- My Friends: Also, a given but oh well. I have always been the kind of person that would rather have a few amazing friends rather than a lot of just… friends and that is how I like it. I have some of the most amazing friends (maybe I am a bit bias).
- My Mistakes: I’ve made so many stupid decisions that range from boys to academics but in the end I realize that I am young and if I didn’t make these mistakes now, I would make them later and who knows how that would turn out. Life is about making mistakes and learning from them.
- The opportunity to go abroad next semester: Incase you weren’t aware… I will be going to Florence, Italy for 3.5 months to study and travel and explore and just have a whole bunch of fun. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I have never been so excited for something in my life.
- SAFFY: Saffy is my car. She is a Honda… Accord…. I think. She’s not so good in the snow but she still is a lovely car.
- My slice of pizza waiting for me in the refrigerator right now: Tortellini pizza from Antonio’s… need I say more?
- British Accents: I would go more into depth with this but let’s just leave it at…. last night I heard the most enchanting British accent from British boys with soul piercing eyes and I pretty much melted.
- My Laptop: Only adding this because I just realized I need to be at the bus stop in 5 minutes, but I can bring my laptop with me because it’s the air and it’s light. So, the next line I write will probably be when I’m sitting in Isenberg.
- I was right! Any who… Music: Gosh, I don’t know how I would even survive without music. Weird thing about my music taste…. I am very diverse. I absolutely love sad, slow music even when I am having the best day ever but I also love hardcore rap, indie, country and rock.
- Good Professors: This just popped into my mind because I just had my last class with a Professor who I have a lot of respect for. I know that people will have different opinions but I really can appreciate a professor who cares so much about his/her students succeeding.
- My health because some people can’t say that.
- Those who serve for our country: This one should go without saying, honestly.
- That no matter what happens, I know I can always count on my dog cheering me up.
- That clementines exist because I’m eating one right now and MAN are they yummy.
- That I have the ability to make choices for myself.
- That I have the ability to make something of myself.
- Colorado Springs: Although this last summer was tough (job-wise and personally), I learned so much about business workings and most importantly about myself. I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything.
- Self-expression: That I can easily express myself in any way I want. (makeup, fashion, art, music etc)
- TheBrookeBook: I started this blog because I thought it would be fun but I stayed because I absolutely love it. TheBrookeBook has opened so many doors for me and taught me more than I thought was possible and I am eternally grateful for that.
- You: If you are reading this, I am grateful for you because I know I don’t have a crazy amount of consistent readers but the fact that people take time out of their days to sit down and read a post from me, is amazing. I really do appreciate it.